Friday, April 30, 2010

 

Upcoming Attractions

    As has been my habit in previous sections of this journal, this post is more a reminder to myself than a teaser to readers of subjects for upcoming posts (not listed in any particular order; numbers are for identification convenience, only):
  1. A review of the book but this is my mother! by Cynthia Loucks;
  2. A review of the book When I Married My Mother: A Daughter's Search for What Really Matters - and How She Found It Caring for Mama Jo by Jo Maeder [Am I the only person who's getting sick of subtitles, especially indefinitely strung out subtitles???];
  3. A review of the soon to be published book Passages in Caregiving: Turning Chaos into Confidence by Gail Sheehy;
  4. Review of the book Life with Pop: Lessons on Caring for an Aging Parent by Janis Abrams Spring, PhD and Michael Spring;
  5. A review and personal analysis of the recently published AARP sponsored survey of caregivers in the United States;
  6. I know a couple of people who reside in ASL's; one a fairly long time friend and continuing member of the book club to which I belong, the other a second cousin with whom I have recently reestablished contact; both of them are nonagenarians. I'm hoping to interview them about the circumstances of their moves and their experiences of living in a ASL. If those interviews go well, I'm hoping to do more.
  7. Commentary on a recently published Medscape article about a review of the existent research on life-style measures thought to help prevent or delay the onset of cognitive decline.
  8. Read and comment on The Myth of Alzheimer's by Peter Whitehouse and Daniel George.
    So, there you have it; a list of reminders to myself of the subjects of some future posts. As I enter posts on the above mentioned topics, I'll link the above bullets to the posts.
    Later.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?